Sunday, November 15, 2015

iParticipate Thirteen

I chose to look at WKYU, WKU's radio program, for this blog post. I looked at their website and quickly found their EEO form. The form covers employment opportunities, open positions, and public interest attendance from March 2014 to March 2015. They attended a wide array of different events, from career discussion forums to capstone classes to Leadership Bowling Green (where they gave a station tour and career discussion).

WKYU seems to favor WKU events, which is understandable, since it is WKU's radio station. It seems as though they could attend more community events, rather than just sticking with the college campus.

I believe WKYU acts in the "public interest, convenience, or necessity." True, they cater more to the college crowd, but what they do is in the public's interest. I would venture to say the federal requirements compel it to do extraordinary things. They also do enough to merit their broadcast license.


No comments:

Post a Comment